Nyjah Huston announces the grand prize winner, Alex Long, of our Emulator video contest fueled by Monster Energy Drink. Alex won $1000 and a ton of Monster Energy drinks. Thanks to all the entrees and voters and special thanks to Monster for helping make this contest happen.
Contest Management provided by Wizehive
Each month the respective pro will choose a winner from the entrees with the most votes who will win an awesome prize pack from all of his sponsors and a month’s supply of Monster Energy drinks.
The four winners from each month and video challenge will compete against each other for the grand prize, $1000, a year’s supply of Monster Energy drinks, a Who’s Hot page in Skateboarder Magazine and an exclusive video edit on Skateboardermag.com
Basic Rules/ Outline
Four pros will film a trick. The Pros involved are Shane O’Neill, Ishod Wair, Peter Ramondetta, Chris Cole and mystery skater for the final grand prize round. This month’s pro is our mystery skater, Nyjah Huston. Voting will end at 11:59 pm on October 17th. The combination of the number of “Votes” a video receives in addition to Editor’s/Pro’s choice will determine the winners from the highest vote getters.
Official Rules for the The Emulator Video Contest
1. Introduction: Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Skateboarder.com and Skateboarder Magazine) (“Sponsor”) is offering The Emulator Video (the “Contest”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be thirteen (13) years of age or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
May – Shane O’Neill
Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. P.S.T. on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. on Tuesday, May 29, 2012.
June – Ishod Wair
Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. P.S.T. on Friday, June 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. on Friday, June 29, 2012.
July – Peter Ramondetta
Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. P.S.T. on Monday, July 2, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. on Monday, July 30th, 2012.
August – Chris Cole
Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. P.S.T. on Friday, August 3, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. on Friday, August 31, 2012.
September – Mystery Skater – Nyjah Huston
Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. P.S.T. on Monday, September 17, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. on Wednesday, October 17, 2012.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, go to http://www.skateboardermag.com/emulator/ (Web Site), during the Contest Period, and upload your video entries. BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE, YOU MUST EXPRESSLY AGREE AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICIES OF FACEBOOK AND GRINDMEDIA. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEB SITE OR ENTER THE CONTEST. Follow the on-screen instructions to properly complete and submit a video entry for the Contest. When prompted, you will be asked to upload your original video submission (“Submission”) to the Web Site. Before uploading the Submission, you will be required to agree that you have (a) read or have had these Official Rules read to you and you are in agreement with these Official Rules, and (b) received permission for the use of the image/likeness of any and all identifiable persons appearing in your Submission. If you are selected as a Prize Winner in the Contest, you will be required to obtain a release provided by Sponsor signed by each identifiable person appearing in your Submission granting Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness. Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submission will not be returned. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission and/or Entrant it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
5. Judging Criteria: Four (4) winners will be chosen as 1st Prize winners and one (1) winner will be chosen as the Grand Prize winner for a total of five (5) exclusive winners. Entrants to be selected as the potential winners and must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and winning the Contest is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Entrants are required to submit a video of them performing the skateboarding trick that was presented by a corresponding pro as featured on Skateboarding.com’s website during the contest period. The video must be provided in one of the file formats presented by host site. Videos containing copyrighted material, nudity and/or illegal activity of any kind will not be eligible. Entrants must signify that they have read and accept the Official Rules and the Terms & Conditions. The combination of the number of “Votes” a video receives in addition to Editor’s/Pro’s choice will determine the winners from the highest vote getters. The Contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsor and Sponsor’s judges. Participants agree to be bound by the rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final and non-appealable. Potential winners will be notified by email message on or about October 5, 2012. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all eligible entries received.
6. Prizes: Four (4) 1st Prize winners will receive a random prize pack of various skateboarding gear ($400.00 retail value). One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive $1000.00 cash ($1000.00 retail value).
7. Total Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes: $2,600.00. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
8. Other Terms and Conditions: All entries must be original, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. Submission of entry constitutes entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign to Sponsor any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If the winner is a minor, all required documents (the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release) must be executed by the winner’s parent or guardian. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner’s place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority may use winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE ENTRANT/WINNER AGREES THAT SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
9. Miscellaneous: All entry information (except for image submissions) becomes the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Winners List: The list of prize winners will be available by writing to Source Interlink Magazines, LLC, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245, Attn: Legal after January 5, 2013.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is: Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Skateboarder.com and Skateboarder Magazine), whose address is 831 S. Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.